The Eckhoffs - Dan, Carin, Henry and Cora

The Eckhoffs - Dan, Carin, Henry and Cora
Live, Love, Laugh Often

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Medical

It seems we've had our share of doctor visits lately. The kids were both scheduled to go to the dentist last week and this was Cora's first visit. She did awesome until the dentist in the "white coat" came in and she freaked out and jumped down from the chair into my arms. Guess that's it, doc ! From what the nice dental tech could see there were no cavities, but we'll find out for sure next time . . . if she lets the dentist see her teeth. Henry did really good too - they took him away to another dental tech and he sat in there like such a big man. I was so proud of him, even though he was really nervous, he went with Laura and didn't make a fuss. He had one cavity which involved a follow-up visit the next day, but the dentists have it down pat and they zip right through fixing up a cavity and we were done in no time.

Then Cora had been complaining about her "owie toe" on her left foot but would never let us see it or put a band-aid on it, so we figured it wasn't too serious. Then she accidentally walked through some salt water barefoot and screamed her head off when her little toe came in contact with the salt water. She finally let me look at her toe and it had a great big open hole that was oozing yellow stuff. Yeah, I know, gross !!!! So off to the doctor we go. The doctor honestly said it was "no big deal" even though I was convinced her toe was about to fall off from the infection. Our doctor is so cool her comment was, "Well, she has nine other toes, doesn't she?" Love you Dr. Ann !! And after three days on the "magic cream" from the doctor it's almost all healed up. Thank goodness.

Then me - I was feeling a little bit stronger than I actually am and decided to move a tree that had broken off in the storm across our backyard over to the garage where dan could chop it into pieces for disposal. Halfway across the yard I realized that I wasn't all that strong and the tree was way bigger than I thought it was - and I couldn't stand up straight. So off to the chiropractor for a few adjustments and a few days of laying on ice packs and I'm all better. Just in time, this week, to have a severe vertigo attack. Seriously, don't really need this. Room spinning, sick to my stomach, wobbly on my legs. Off to Urgent Care where they prescribe some really great medicine for the dizziness, but the side effect is drowsiness. Yeah, right, one pill and it's off to night-night land for Carin for about six hours. Thank you to Sarah and mom and dan for taking such good care of me. I'm good now. So I guess that means it's Dan's turn to visit the doc . . . . . . :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment