The Eckhoffs - Dan, Carin, Henry and Cora

The Eckhoffs - Dan, Carin, Henry and Cora
Live, Love, Laugh Often

Monday, August 9, 2010

Winter

Okay, so we're all complaining about how hot this summer is, but if you will recall -we were all complaining about how cold this past winter was too. I guess talking about the weather (or complaining about it) is an Iowa pasttime. Although, whenever I talk to my family in Arizona, they have to tell me about how awesome the weather is down there. Of course, they are originally from Iowa. Maybe it's a Midwesterner thing ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

The Sioux City Journal ran this article this past February and I've been saving it to share with you. Multiple Choice: Which city has received the most snow this winter? A. International Falls, Minnesota; B. Barrow, Alaska; C. Grand Forks, North Dakota; or D. Sioux City, Iowa?

Yep, you guessed it - D. Sioux City, Iowa. As of Groundhogs Day in February we had received over 49.5 inches of snow. I don't know what the grand total was for the winter, but that's pretty impressive.

I guess we could use some of that cold winter weather about now when we're all struggling with the heat and working our air conditioners overtime. Oh, well . . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment